- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of parsley, stems and leaves chopped separately
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small red chilli, sliced, seeds removed and chopped
- 1cm / 1/2 inch fresh ginger root, peeled, sliced thinly and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large tin or carton (450 g / 1lb) of reduced salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 large tin (400g / 140z) of tuna fish in oil, drained and broken into chunks
- 375g / 13oz dried linguine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Large pan for the sauce
- Pot for boiling the pasta
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat. Sauté the chopped parsley stems, the garlic, chilli, and ginger until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, bring to a simmer, and cook gently for 5 minutes. Stir in the tuna and add salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat and the sauce keep warm.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, and drain. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve sprinkled with the remaining chopped parsley. Check seasoning and serve.