- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500g / 1.1 lb carrots, sliced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1.2 litres/2 pints vegetable stock
- Large bunch fresh corridor, chopped
- 1/4 cup / 75ml plain natural yogurt or creme fraiche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Large pan that will hold all of the ingredients
- Hand blender, blender, food processor or potato masher
- Large wooden spoon
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the the onions and the carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in the ground coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix ingredients with a hand blender, blender, or food processor until smooth (Alternatively, carefully mash the ingredients with the potato masher until fairly smooth.)
- Check for seasoning and serve.